Here it is again – Herts Open Studios, organised by HVAF.
This year is the 21st anniversary of the biggest and most diverse art event in Hertfordshire – the county which boasts Henry Moore among its best known artists.
Each year we (Jenny Timms and I) ponder on the inevitable hard work that we know will be involved in putting on a good show.
Each year we remind ourselves that the chance to meet art lovers, talk about what we do and what they like, and to demonstrate how our stained glass is created is an invaluable opportunity.
The way we look at it is this:
- It’s a chance to communicate to others our passion for what we do
- It’s an opportunity to show that we know what we’re doing!
- It’s a great vehicle for gauging opinion on some of our experimental ideas – which may get turned into viable pieces of art or they might get abandoned.
- It’s an enjoyable social gathering, with artists and members of the public mixing and talking about what they’ve seen and which studios they plan to see next.
- And it’s a buying opportunity – you can buy art direct from the artists who created it, at prices that are likely to be much lower than in galleries.
This year we’ll be exhibiting in the garden of fellow artist and good friend Stuart Grieve and his wife Margaret.
Stuart will be showing his new Infra-Red photographs – very ethereal, almost ghostly – and large originals and prints of his very striking digital art.
We’ll also be crossing fingers for weather too, but come rain or shine we’ll be showing so do visit us – even if you need your umbrella!
You can see details of all the other artists in the Dacorum area here:
You can see examples of Stuart’s work here:
We’ll be at:
41 Hempstead Lane, Potten End, Herts HP4 2RZ.
Look for the yellow signs and please don’t park on the grass!
- Sat 10th – 11am to 5pm
- Sun 11th 11am to 4pm
- Sat 17th – 11am to 5pm
- Sun 18th 11am to 4pm
- Sat 24th – 11am to 5pm
- Sun 25th 11am to 4pm
Visit www.hvaf.org.uk for details of all the studios open during the season.
And as an extra incentive to visitors, we’ll be making Christmas decorations (we have a big order to fulfill) and we’ll be selling them to visitors at half their usual price…
Hope to see you there!