We are so very excited that we can invite all our lovely students and visitors back to Vitreus Art on Tuesday 16th June (subject to no changes from official guidance)!
We have certainly been missing you all very much, but our doors will be open again soon.
As with all businesses opening soon, Vitreus Art is following the most up to date guidelines to keep us all safe.
Both the gallery and the studio have been deep-cleaned with all surfaces, floors, tables and chairs cleaned and then wiped down with The Wharf Distillery Sanitizer (thanks Lawrence Connisbee!), which is made to the ‘WHO’ guidelines and is 80% alcohol.
Cleaning is a major priority for us and all tables and chairs and hard surfaces visitors could come in to contact with will be cleaned and sanitised between uses.
Our mutual health and safety is our priority so a few changes have been made and will remain in effect for as long as required:
· The Gallery and Studio now have their own doors.
· Studio entrance is for those attending classes only
· We ask that on entry to either the studio or the gallery you make use of the hand sanitizer and wear a mask (which are provided, if you don’t have your own)
· Class sizes going forward will be for 4 students only – this ensures the required 2 meter distance between work tables and room to move around the studio.
· We can accommodate 2 people in the gallery at a time – this allows for safe distancing; there is also a one way system that we ask you to follow.
If you’d prefer to visit out of hours we’ll be happy to make an appointment – to talk about a creative project you’d like to make, commissions, or to allow personal viewings of any of the work we have (and there’s lots of new work on the walls now!).
· As always we have hand-washing facilities available and more hand sanitizer on hand.
· We have always had a policy of each student having their own set of tools on our workshops, but it’s more important than ever that these tools are not shared between students – even if you want to be helpful.
Not sharing is the new helpful!
· Tea and coffee will still be provided for workshops, with washing up of mugs followed by sanitizing between each use.
· Finally, we will be unable to provide lunches during our workshops for a while so we must therefore ask that anyone attending our workshops brings a packed lunch with them.
· Finally, Finally if there is anything you think we have missed please feel free to tell us; these are new and strange times for us all and we all need to work with each other to make our world a safer place to be.
We’ll be operating different opening hours for the time being, starting on June 16th:
11am to 4pm – Tues, Wed & Thurs
11am to 6pm – Fri – Sat
11am to 4pm – Sunday
Or by appointment outside of these times.
Workshops will take place as per the times they are advertised, from July in our re-organized space.
As you can see, we’ve changed the layout of the studio and gallery to make space in the studio for classes, and layout out the gallery area to encourage distancing.
We understand that you might be reluctant to venture out on or shortly after the 15th June – so get in touch if you’ve seen something on our website or Facebook page and would like to test drive it at home rather than come to us.
When you are ready to come over, you’ll find new art and craft from Peter of WdWorks, Lou Thomas, Sam Burke, Linda Johns, Abby Cork, Marlene Snee, Ken Flegg and more.
There are lots of online mini-galleries to view on our website here:
And we’ve made lots of new pieces in lockdown too; these are just a few examples…
Hit this page to see all the new pieces we’ve made – there are loads!
Workshops resume (cautiously) in July
The good news is that we should be able to resume workshops in July.
This could change, of course, but the plan currently is:
The first workshops to start are the ones where spacing can be easily achieved without reducing the learning enjoyment and where no tools or materials need to be shared.
The full list of workshops due to take place in July is below but there are a few we’d like to highlight.
On Friday Clare Tebboth will be running her next Wild With Watercolours 1-day workshop.
As places must be limited for spacing, there’re just two places available on this session – open to all painters who want to develop their use of watercolours in imaginative ways.
On 4th July Clare is back again, to teach her one-day Introduction to Painting and Drawing for absolute beginners. Again, there are just a couple of places free on this one.
And then we have a pretty full month of workshops – most of which have one or two spaces remaining.
On each workshop the studio will be laid out for maximum space between work-spaces. Take a look at the photos of the studio to see how we’ve positioned the benches and teacher’s station.
It’s probably going to feel a bit strange for a while, but so many people have been asking about when classes can start again we felt this was a good time for an update!
As we said before, if you’ve booked a workshop and can’t attend, or prefer to join a session later in the year, just let us know. Just as some are itching to get back to being creative, some are understandably cautious.
So here’s the list of July workshops. As usual, there’s lots of info on the web page for each session.
If you want to discuss any potential concerns you have about how a workshop would run before booking, just reply to this email.
July classes with places –
- 3rd July – Wild With Watercolours with Clare Tebboth – £120 inc materials & lunch
- 4th July – One-day Introduction to Painting & Drawing for Beginnerswith Clare Tebboth – £110 inc lunch & materials
- 5th July – Glass Tack-Relief Fusing for Beginners with JT – £139 inc lunch & materials
- 11th – 12th July – 3d Copper Foiling Stained Glass Weekend course for Beginners with MC – £249 inc all materials & lunch
- 16th July – Glass Fusing Tealight Holders for Beginners with JT – £60 inc materials and refreshments (half-day workshop)
- 17th July – Fused Glass Lanterns for Beginners with JT – £149 inc all materials & lunch
- 19th July – Stained Glass Leading for Beginners with MC – £149 inc all materials & lunch
- 22nd July – Stained Glass Copper Foil Lanterns for Beginners with MC – £149 inc all materials & lunch
All workshops are here:
Finally, next time we’ll include details of the mini workshops we’ll be offering exclusively to everyone who’s agreed to move the date of a workshop as a result of CV as a thank-you.
And now it’s time to say thanks for reading, thanks for your support and do remember to support as many of the independent businesses around you as you can – they and we will be especially appreciative over the next few months!
Best wishes and stay safe,
Mike and Jenny